Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Review: Jane by April Lindner

Jane by April Lindner
My Rating: 5 Stars
Date Read: March 8, 2011 to March 9, 2011

SUMMARY: (taken from Goodreads)
Forced to drop out of an esteemed East Coast college after the sudden death of her parents, Jane Moore takes a nanny job at Thornfield Park, the estate of Nico Rathburn, an iconic rock star on the brink of a huge comeback. Practical and independent, Jane reluctantly becomes entranced by her magnetic and brooding employer, and finds herself in the midst of a forbidden romance. But there's a mystery at Thornfield, and Jane's much-envied relationship with Nico is tested by a torturous secret from his past.

Part irresistible romance and part darkly engrossing mystery, this contemporary retelling of the beloved classic Jane Eyre promises to enchant a new generation of readers



My Review:  (Contains Spoilers)

I have nothing but love and praise for this book!! I'm going to ooh and ahh over it for a moment while I collect my thoughts.


Oooooh, Ahhhh.....

Okay, now let's see if I can make any sense.

It's not too often that I can find a book that has me so emotional through the entire book. My emotions ranged from smiling/laughing like a crazy person to crying my eyes out.


My favorite character was Jane. She was so unaffected by the fact that Nico was famous. And she was so bluntly honest with him, it was funny to see how she answered his questions. (Jane telling Nico that he wasn't movie-star handsome, but was good-looking for a rockstar made my night).

I was hoping that Jane would yell at her brother and sister and make tham realize how horrible they'd been to her. But she didn't, and that's okay, too. Why? Because she's going to marry Nico Rathburn. I bet now they wish they'd been nicer to her.


This is one of the best books I've read so far this year. It was AMAZING. If you haven't read this book yet, what are you waiting for? Go! Read! it's definitely worth it. I can't wait to see what April Lindner comes up with next. :)

And in case I haven't already made myself clear: I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home