Friday, November 18, 2011

Review:The Posion Diaries by Maryrose Wood

My Rating: 5 Stars
Date Read: November 2011


Publication Date:October 25,2011 by HarperCollins

Hardback, 288 pages



Summary from Goodreads:
The latest book in the grippingly dark series, The Poison Diaries. Our heroine, Jessamine, has lost her faith in the men she loved, and her innocence as well. She turns to the dark side and plots to kill her father, using his own poisons, before becoming an assassin, a poisoner for hire. Can she recover from her heartache and reunite with her true love, Weed? Find out in this thrilling story where poisons, darkness and horror are a part of everyday life, and love is the only cure.








My Review:

A Dark, Gothic Tale Of Romance…


And Murder.


Okay, admit it, that caught your attention didn't it?? Well it sure caught mine. From that moment on, I was HOOKED.

This is not a big book so it didn't take me long to read, and I would like to send out a big THANK YOU to the awesome people on the Poison Diaries Team for sending me a copy to review!

At the time I started Nightshade, I had not read The Poison Diaries, but now I feel that I must, just so I can enjoy all of the awesomeness that is this series. And so I can better understand Jessamine and Weed's relationship. I want to know their history. Weed gets to be the narrator at times, and I liked that because, well, Weed is AWESOME!

This book as written really well. I was so absorbed in this book and I was able to feel everything that Jesssamine felt. Sadness, Anger... If SHE felt it, I felt it. Does that make sense?


This book is great to read after it gets dark (which is what I did) It gave me goosebumps, and had my mouth hanging open at times, because I wasn't expecting some of what happened. And the ending! Oh my gosh, the ENDING!! I wish I had the next book, like, right now! I need to know what happens next!


I would recommend this book to any and everybody who is willing to listen to me. :) So if I run into you on the street, beware! ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home