Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Review: A Study In Drowning ~ Ava Reid

  

Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads
 
 
Format I Used: Audiobook
Pages: 378
Running Time: 10h:31m
My Rating: 3 stars
Publication Date: September 19, 2023

 

This book was very interesting. It was kind of giving me the same vibe that Divine Rivals did. It was a very slow paced book (in my opinion). I was furious on Effy's behalf with the way everyone treated her because she was a woman. I hated the fact that she was abused by whatshisname, and no one would believe her. (Effy's mom was also a piece of work...)

I liked the relationship that Effy and Preston Héloury built with each other. It was far from perfect, but they were both able to grow together.

I was glad that Effy stood her ground and got the things that she wanted towards the end, and I'm glad that Preston supported her through the whole conversation.

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No

 

Favorite notes and highlights:

“You don't have to take up a sword. Survival is bravery, too.”

 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home