Monday, February 26, 2024

Review: The Boyfriend Candidate ~ Ashley Winstead

 

 

Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads
 
 
Format I Used: Combination Audiobook
Pages: 384
Running Time: 10h:52m
My Rating: 3.5 stars
Publication Date: May 9, 2023

 

I LOL'd quite a few times while reading this book. And I enjoyed most of the characters for the most part. I wasn't fond of them bringing in a second love interest 60% into the book for no reason other than to shake things up and make everyone realize their true feelings. (Well, actually only one person, because the other involved party already knew their feelings well in advance.)

I was a little annoyed at the problem that was caused because the characters did things that they KNEW would cause problems. But whatever. Everything all came together for the best in the end, so that's all that matters.

Did It Make Me Cry? No

Some of my favorite notes and highlights:

“I’ve been a book nerd all my life. Escaping into reading’s my happy place, so libraries were always safe."

“Lastly,” Nora said, as my stylist pressed me down into the chair and started snipping, “if you’re trying to avoid answering a question, never say No comment. It makes you look shady. Always say, Thanks for the question. The campaign will get back to you. We never will, but it deflects the heat. Let’s practice.” “Now?” I asked, distracted as the stylist snipped a disturbingly long piece of my hair. Nora lunged in my face. “Alexis Stone, if we searched your browser history right now, would we find your top-visited site is SoftRoundChonks.com, a blog devoted to pictures of chunky circular-shaped animals?” “What?” I yelped. “How do you know that?” “Wrong answer!”

 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home