Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Review: Powerless ~ Lauren Roberts

 

Click on the image to learn more about this book on Goodreads

 

Format I Used: Combination Ebook and Audiobook

Pages: 495

Running Time: 17h: 28m

My Rating 5 Stars

Publication Date: January 31, 2023

I'm upset that I waited an entire year before finally reading this. (although that does mean I have to suffer a slightly shorter wait time for book 2)

This was so good. So. so good. It was like Hunger Games x Shatter Me.

I loved the back and forth between Kai and Paedyn, it was EVERYTHING. The dancing, the witty and sarcastic comments, the hair braiding, the knife to the throat, the WHO DID THIS TO YOU...

Malakai reminds me of Aaron Warner (which is probably why I liked him so much) execpt Kai actually cares. Neither of them do the things they do without a good reason, but Aaron doesn't care about anyone except Juliette, whereas Kai cares too much about a lot of people. He's been hurt and abused and turned into a "monster" enforcer. But despite all that, he's still so amazing.

Paedyn was such an interesting character. It's hard to not root for her to succeed, given the bad lot she's been handed. I was always so impressed with her quick thinking and ability to use what she had to her advantage.

There was a point in the book where something happened to a character and I had to walk away for a minute, because I thought it was going to go the way that fantasy novels have been going for me recently (but spoiler alert, it didn't, crisis averted) Something did happen to another character that made me sad, but it wasn't enough for me to close the book and walk away for good (like I did with Fourth Wing).

The ending has me so super curious to see what's going to happen in book 2, because a lot of drastic things happened, and a lot of new information was discovered. I'm kind of scared to see what's going to happen, because I can't see it ending very well, but I guess I'll just have to wait and find out.

Wish me luck.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home