Monday, April 4, 2011

Review: Entwined by Heather Dixon

My rating: 5 Stars
Date Read: March 31 to April 2


Summary: (Taken from GoodReads)


Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it. The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation. Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest. But there is a cost. The Keeper likes to keep things. Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.
 
 
My review:
 
Magic, mystery, romance, what more could I ask for?
 
I am a sucker for Fairytales/Fairytales re-told. If you sit a book like that in front of me, I'm not goingto be able to resist it. I'm particularly fond of Beauty and the Beast and The Twelve Dancing Princesses, so when I found out about this book last year, I knew I had to read it. So, did it live up to my expectations? Oh,yeah. It was all that and a bag of chips. :)
 
Teddie, Fairweller, and Bradford, oh my!
Three oh-so-charming male characters that I couldn't help but love. All equally, might I add. Okay, so it might have helped that only one of them had a thing for Azalea. (Despite a slight case of mistaken identity)
 
As always, I loved the relationship between Azalea and her sisters. She is the oldest and therefore the mother figure to her little sisters. I don't remember in any of the other versions of The Twelve Dancing Princesses where their father came off as so... mean. But, I liked that particular twist to the story. It made things more interesting, and I liked watching them come together as a family with a stronger relationship at the end.
 
Heather Dixon has done an amazing job with this book, and I can't wait to see what she decides to write next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home