Monday, May 16, 2011

Review: I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

My Rating: 5 stars
Date Read: February 2011


Date Published: August 3, 2010 by HarperCollins
Hardback, 440 pages
Series: Lorien Legacies book One


Summary From GoodReads: In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT



My review:

Before I Read The Book:
I have decided to give this book a chance. Every time I go into a store where they sell books there it is, staring at me. Last time that happened I read the book and fell in love with it, so I guess we'll see.

After I Read The Book: Okay, I was happily surprised by this book. I've only read a few books about aliens, just because aliens aren't really my favorite thing to read about, And even though The Host still holds number one on my favorite list, I Am Number Four comes very close. Once I finally started it, I had it finished in just a couple of hours because it was that addicting. I'm glad that I gave it a chance instead of walking away from it like I was going to.


I loved John, Sam, and Sarah, but I especially loved Bernie Kosar! he's a little oddball, but SOO adorable! I also knew that Mark couldn't be as much of a [insert bad word here] as he was letting on.

I'm EXTREMELY excited for The Power Of Six to come out, I can't wait to see what happens next! :)

*My reasons for reading this book are 95% because it's always there staring at me (See Before I read The Book) and 5% because If I go to see the movie (Which I really want to) I have to have read the book. I can't watch a movie that's based off of a book without having actually read the book first. I don't know why, I just can't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home