Sunday, April 17, 2011

Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

My Rating: 5 Stars
Date Read: December 2010

Published: December 2, 2010 by Dutton
Hardback, 372 pages


Summary from Goodreads:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped   off to a boarding school in Paris -- until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna--and readers--have long awaited? 

My Review:

First of all, don't let the title of the book throw you off.

Three words that perfectly describe how I felt about this book: I. LOVED. IT. (With about a bajillion   
exclamation points)
 
Anna Oliphant (I love that name, by the way) is spending her senior year of high school at a fancy boarding school in Paris. You think that'd be a dream come true, right? Wrong. She hates that she has to leave her mom, her little brother, her friends, her almost boyfriend Toph, everything. But once she gets there, she decides to give it a chance, and things really start to look up for her when she meets  the charming Etienne St. Clair. Too bad he already has a girlfriend... 
To be honest, I didn't think that I would like this book when I first got it. I thought it was going to be about a bunch of rich kids whining and boo-hooing. ( I find myself very annoyed when I read books with characters like that). But I was WRONG WRONG WRONG. And let me tell you that was a definite relief. I loved Anna, she wears jeans and t-shirts, is kind of a neat freak, and has a gap in her teeth. She was a very likeable  character and I found that I could relate to her easily.

And Etienne, wow. He's sweet, funny, charming, not to mention sexy, and he has a swoon-worthy accent. What girl wouldn't fall in love with him?

After reading this book, I want to go spend the rest of my  senior year at S.O.A.P. Who wants to come with me?


I loved the story, it didn't have any slow or boring parts, and my thoughts didn't start to wander to other things while I was reading.

Anna and the French Kiss was just a completely amazing book, it blew me away. Definitely one of the best books I've read in 2010.

1 Comments:

At April 18, 2011 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Chloe Booklover said...

I LOVED this book! Thanks for the review. New follower :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home