Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I picked because of the cover/title

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke And The Bookish, and this week the topic is Top Ten Books I Picked Up Because Of The Cover/Title. I laugh at this because I am really bad when it comes to judging a book by its cover/title. The first thing I look at is the cover, then I look at the title, and then I look at whatever else. It's very complicated but still, it seems to work for me.



1. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer


Okay, I debated for weeks about this book. It sat there on  the shelf at my library staring at me, asking to be picked up. I resisted for a long time, but finally I just got tired of it, and so I checked it out. And, surprisingly...I loved it. I stayed up way too late reading it. I'm a Twilighter and proud of it.
2. Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood 

I could have read this book earlier, but for some reason it didn't catch my interest until this version came out. Hmmm, I wonder why? ;) 



3. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson


This book was a combination of the cover and the title. I mean, seriously? Who wouldn't fall in love with it?
4. Entwined by Heather Dixon

I love Fairytales re-told, and I was in love with this book waaaay before I ever read it. The dress that the girl is wearing is beautfiul, and I love the flower pattern that's running all along the edges of the book.



5. The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin.
I love this book SOO much. I love the title, it sounds so mysterious. And I love the cover. Basically, I love everything about this book.

6.The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. 
This one was mostly just because of the title but, the cover is pretty awesome, too.


7.Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen

The  way they are dressed on the cover of this book reminds me of something you would see in one of those 1950s movies, and it's just so cute!!

8. The Host by Stephenie Meyer.
This one speaks for itself, I think.



9. Generation Dead by Daniel Waters

Again, it speaks for itself.





10. Hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

What I want to know is... Who hasn't fallen in love with this?

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2011 at 12:37 AM , Blogger Laura BurgandyIce said...

Ok... I'm actually HAPPY to find someone else who didn't read Twilight the day it was released. I waited, too, and I was surprised at how good it is. I'm not sorry I waited, either. So there!! hahahaha

Thx for entering my Giveaway. I'm a New Follower!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home