Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday: Touch Of Power By Maria V. Snyder

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted over at Breaking The Spine and it gives us the chance to shine the spotlight on books that we are eagerly waiting for.

This week my pick is...



 Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder. (I put up both of these covers because they're both so pretty)
Expected Publication:  December 20, 2011, MIRA

Summary From Goodreads: Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan assumes their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Territories, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos.

Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life....

Why I can't wait? I love All of Maria V. Snyder's previous books, and I have no doubt that this one will be equally amazing. The only downside I can foresee is the fact that *sniff sniff* Valek won't be there. Hopefully this book will give me another Hunky Hero that can take my mind off of him.

3 Comments:

At October 19, 2011 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Giselle said...

Great pick I've heard great things about this author and I've yet to read her Poison Study series.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

 
At October 19, 2011 at 6:55 PM , Blogger Grace Fonseca said...

I think that this one is up at Net Galley now. Awesome picks you got this week. Good solid book choices. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love to see what I picked as my WOW. New follower.

 
At October 19, 2011 at 8:02 PM , Blogger Lindsay Cummings author said...

wow, the cover on the left is amazing!
I follow you here, and love the blog! I hope you'll stop by mine and see my WOW pick?! You can also enter my author group's latest giveaway for some signed books, and let me know a book you've tread and loved recently! :)

http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home