Monday, October 3, 2011

Review The Harvest of Grace by Cindy Woodsmall

My Rating: 4 stars
Date Read: October 2011


Date Published: September 6, 2011 by WaterBrook Press
Paperback, 352 pages


Summary from GoodReads:
Although Sylvia Fisher recognizes that most Old Order Amish women her age spend their hours managing a household and raising babies, she has just one focus—tending and nurturing the herd on her family’s dairy farm. But when a dangerous connection with an old beau forces her to move far from home, she decides to concentrate on a new start and pour her energy into reviving another family’s debt-ridden farm.After months in rehab, Aaron Blank returns home to sell his Daed’s failing farm and move his parents into an easier lifestyle. Two things stand in his way: the father who stubbornly refuses to recognize that Aaron has changed and the determined new farmhand his parents love like a daughter. Her influence on Aaron’s parents could ruin his plans to escape the burdens of farming and build a new life.Can Aaron and Sylvia find common ground? Or will their unflinching efforts toward opposite goals blur the bigger picture— a path to forgiveness, glimpses of grace, and the promise of love.

My Review:I have just recently started read Amish books, and I was surprised to find out that I liked them a lot.

The characters were all very easy to fall in love with, and I found myself flipping page after page, eager to find out was going to happen next.

There are several storylines going on at once, and it can get a little confusing as to what's going on if you're not paying attention, and especially if you haven't read the previous books. There is a "story so far" page at the begining of the book, and that will help, as long as you don't try and rush through it.

I liked that Sylvia isn't your typical Amish woman, she doesn't WANT to be your typical Amish woman, and she is more than willing to be out there taking a more hands-on approach. She like to be out working in the dairy farm


I was upset with Beckie and Elam, and sad to see how much Sylvia blamed herself for what happened, but everything managed to work itself out in the end.

I liked seeing Sylvia and Aaron's relationship as they grew closer, It was such a sweet romance.

I loved this book, and I know that my love for Amish fiction books will continue to grow as well.

I am very happy that WaterBrook Multnomah was able to provide me with a copy for review.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home