Thursday, December 23, 2021

Review: A Shadow In The Ember ~ Jennifer L. Armentrout

 

 

Image from Goodreads. Click on cover to read more about the book.

Format: Audiobook
Pages: 647
Running Time: 25h:7m
My Rating: 3 stars
Publication Date: October 19, 2021


*deep breath in*


I'm not sure that these books are for me *Hides behind wall for unpopular opinion*

I mean, I didn't hate it or anything, I just felt very blah about it. I wasn't fully invested in what was happening until almost all the way through the book. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, because I am hot and cold about the FBAA series... I was having a hard time remembering what series I was actually reading because things felt very same to me. Like. VERY same. It was a little bit disorienting how hard it was for me to keep some of the things straight. However, I do think that I like Sera and Ash better as characters.

Ash feels like an even more morally grey version of Rhysand (and we all know I hearts Rhysand)

I planned on writing a longer review, but that's all I have for now.

I'll probably pick up book two to see if my feelings change about the series, especially with the way that book 1 ended.

Did It Make Me Cry? No 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home