Friday, January 12, 2024

Review: Fall Of Ruin & Wrath ~ Jennifer L. Armentrout

 

 Click on the image to learn more about this book on Goodreads.



Format I Used: E-book

Pages: 432

Running Time: 16h 57m

My Rating: 4 stars

Publication Date: September 12, 2023

 I read this book in approximately... 4.5 hours so that's how in to it I was.

Maybe spoilers ahead.

There were a lot of things that I liked about this book. I do, however, think that half of the spicy scenes could have been taken out and I would have been fine with it. *Hides from all the spicy romantasy lovers* I wasn't surprised by any of it, because all of JLA's adult books are spicy. Some of it just seemed unnecessary and didn't really add anything to the story. *Shrugs* it is what it is, I guess.

I enjoyed the characters (there were a LOT) Thorne was so interesting and a little (lot) morally grey. He was so careful around Lis (for the most part). And the dialogue back and forth between the two had me giggling and kicking my feet. I also liked Bastian annnnnnd whatever the other one was called (I can't remember and he didn't get a lot of page time) The three of them together were giving Rhys/Cassian/Azriel, which I absolutely loved.

The BFF Grady was one of the best things about this book, even though he got only a little bit of page time. I love him and his slightly cantankerous self.

And then the baron. I'm curious about him. I think he cares about people, but he's got a lot going on, and he's also got a lot of issues to work through.

I hope we get to learn lots more about all of these side characters.

This ended on a clifhanger that had me screaming at 1 am. And we've got 2 people who have an unknown status and one MC who is in grave danger... probably. (I'm not fully convinced)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home