Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Quotes

Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome weekly event hosted over at The Broke And The Bookish and this week their topic is "Favorite Bookish Quotes". I actually love this, because I am a collector of quotes. I keep a little journal and when I am reading and find a good quote I like to write it down.





1. "I don't lie. Ever. I don't need to, because I don't care if I hurt anyone's feelings. The truth is the truth, forever unchanging, and it's better than a lie any day of the week."
 This first quote comes from Frosty from the book A Mad Zombie Party by Gena Showalter, and let me tell you now I loooooove this quote.

2.You're not from around here, are you? Can't be. Why would we name it I-YOU-POO-Y? Really? Say the letters. I-U-P-U-I.” 
This one's from Wildcat Fireflies by Amber Kizer. I like this one because leave it to an out-of-towner to mess up the name IUPUI {I-You-Poo-Y... *Snorts* that's hilarious}

3. “Saying good-bye is basically an invitation not to see a person again. It's making it okay for that to be the last conversation you have. So if you don't say it--if you leave the conversation open--it means you'll have to see them again." 
Roger Sullivan said this in the book Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson... I kind of took this quote to heart. Even before this book came out, I never really said Good-Bye to people, it was always see you later. And then after I read it, I started leaving the word Good-Bye out of my vocabulary more and more. Yes, there are some times that I still say good-bye, but it is very rarely.

4. “You see, cuckoos are parasites. They lay their eggs in other birds' nests. When the egg hatches, the baby cuckoo pushes the other baby birds out of the nest. The poor parent birds work themselves to death trying to find enough food to feed the enormous cuckoo child who has murdered their babies and taken their places."
"Enormous?" said Jace. "Did you just call me fat?"
"It was an analogy."
"I am not fat.” 
This one was from City of Ashes... Jace is always so entertaining.


5. Home isn't a place. Home is the people who love you the most.
 This one came from the book All In by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, and I just so happen to agree with this one whole-heartedly.

6. Honesty's easy. It's trust that's hard.
I don't really remember which book this quote came from

7.  "It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but what you say. It's not how you look in that body, but the things you do with it. You are beautiful."
Ian O'Shea *Swoon*

8. I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with.
This one was from Warner in Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. He's my fave.

9.Words will live as long as people can remember them.
Another one from Warner... I told you he was my fave. 

10. “Life's messy," he agreed. "But sometimes amazing things can happen, even when it seems like it's all falling apart.”  
This one came from How {Not} To Fall In Love by Lisa Brown Roberts 

So what are your favorite bookish quotes? Let me know in the comments below!
 



 
 
 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At November 18, 2015 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Emma (emmalikesbooks) said...

That Amy & Roger quote makes me want to read the book so much more. Great choice!
- Emma @ Emma Likes Books

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home