Monday, February 26, 2018

Review: Cursed by Grace White

Cursed (The Gaia Chronicles, #1)
Cursed:
By Grace White
My Rating: 4 Stars
Publication Date: March 5th, 2018

Date Read: February 2018
Kindle Edition, 111 Pages























 Summary From Goodreads: 
It isn't easy being the girl who feels the world...

Isolation is all nineteen-year-old Terra Materson has known for the last six years. Hiding from the cruel whispers and judgmental stares of society, she suffers the pain of the world around her in silence. The air that moves … the water that flows …the fire that burns … the earth that grounds, Terra feels it all. Despite her grandmother’s insistence it’s a gift, she knows it is nothing more than a curse in disguise.

When her grandmother dies, leaving her alone and guideless, she is forced to step out of the shadows and into the light. Atchison College is the perfect place for Terra to learn to live again. Until she meets four guys with strange connections to the elements that torment her.

Together they lead her on a journey to the answer she’s always craved: Who is she? But as Terra quickly realizes, the truth is far more than her head, and heart is prepared for...

Cursed is the first book in an urban fantasy reverse harem series from Grace White, recommended for readers 17+





My Review:
* I am voluntarily reviewing complimentary Advance Readers Copy of this book. All of the thoughts and opinions that are expressed below are completely and totally %100 percent mine, and I have not been compensated in any way for this review.*

I thought this book was a really promising start to a series, and really my only complaint was the fact that it went SO fast, and was SO short. Seriously, I read this book in just a few hours, and just when things were getting interesting BAM it's over, and now I have to impatiently wait for the second book

It had a unique plot that I have not read a thousand times over, and all the characters are interesting and I want to get to know them all better. I definitely see how Terra will be able to grow and come out of her shell a little more, especially now that she's friends with the boys, and learning more about her powers and what they mean. And I'm also excited to be able to get to see her stand up for herself more, and she gains confidence in herself.

I liked Terra, and how relateable she felt to me. She's a shy, and a little bit insecure, but when she knows what she wants she can't be swayed.

The boys were... Uh... *SWOON*

Yes, they were amazing and drool-worthy. I'm not sure what I think about Sol, but the others have definitely won my heart several times over.

I liked how they all had their little moments with Terra, and how nothing felt rushed

There is some romance, but in this book, it takes a definite backseat to everything else that is happening (which is fine, it allows you to get to know the characters before things get hot and heavy)

I am super super excited for this series, and to see what happens next. There were a few plot twists that I didn't see coming, but now I'm curious to see where that takes the story in the next book.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home