Friday, March 8, 2024

Review: BTS: Beyond The Story

   Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads
 
 

Format I Used: Combination Physical Book/Audiobook
Pages: 544
Running Time: 11h:18m
My Rating:  No stars because I feel weird giving bios/memoirs a star rating, but I liked it a lot.

Publication Date: July 9, 2023

 

I was one of the delulu people who preordered this book back when people were still debating whether or not it was going to be a Taylor Swift or BTS (because I just KNEW lol). It was interesting seeing all of the "clues" that people were pulling out of nowhere. Like, there was a strong case for both sides.

And I FINALLY finished it. (well, a while ago. I'm actually just now getting around to writing a review)

After reading this book, it makes me look at all of the videos of BTS interacting with other idols (and people in general) differently. They're so genuinely kind to everyone they meet, and I think it's because they don't want anyone else to feel the way they did when they were in the baby stages of their career. Because people were SO mean to them for no good reason.

I really enjoyed this book, and that is probably because they're all serving their military time, and I need all the content I can get from them.

It was interesting to see what they included in this book, and what they chose NOT to put in the book.

Like, they included The Dumpling Incident between V and Jimin, but not the fight between JK and Jimin that led to them walking their separate ways and JK getting lost.

Or they talked a little bit about how Suga hurt his shoulder, but not how J-Hope almost left the group before they debuted, but stayed because JK begged him to, and RM told Big Hit that they needed J-Hope and that they couldn't do it without him.

ORRRRR how Mr. Worldwide Handsome Jin was scouted for his looks, or how Jimin was being trained to be a rapper not a vocalist, but Suga was like "hey he likes singing, not rapping, and he's GOOD at it... let him sing instead.

Borahae <3
 

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home