Saturday, December 25, 2021

Review: These Hollow Vows ~ Lexi Ryan

 

                                Image from GoodReads. Click on the cover to read more about this book.

Format: E-book & Audiobook Hybrid
Pages: 464
Running Time: 13h:8m
My Rating: 5 Stars
Publication Date: July 20, 2021


Ohhhh boy. I really really enjoyed this one. Like a lot. I did a mix of listening/reading this one, and y'all. It made me CRY. There was an interaction between Brie and one of the other characters, and it hit me in my feels and all of a sudden there were tears running down my face. That hasn't happened to me in a long while. So I think that speaks volumes.

It wasn't perfect by any means, and I'll admit that. It was pretty much your typical YA (although it tipped into NA a few times) Fantasy novel. A little predictable, and it moved rather slow at times. But it checked all the right boxes for the reading mood that I was in at the moment.

I really liked the whole idea of the shadow powers that Brie has. I, personally, have not read a lot of books with that as the focal point before, so I was here for it.

I wasn't really that fond of Tamlin wait, sorry Sebastian from pretty much the get-go. At first there wasn't anything specific, he was just rather plain and boring and for some reason reminded me of Tamlin The Tool and I was not here for it. I didn't like how he pretended to be a good guy but then turned out to be something so much worse.

Not that I'm saying that Finn isn't just as bad... But at least he never pretended that he was a good guy. You knew from the start that he's done some sketchy shh.

I'm curious to see what happens in book 2, especially with the way that book one ended (I totally called that it was going to be a cliffhanger)

Did It Make Me Cry?: Yes. Yes, it definitely did.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home