Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Review: Assistant To The Villain ~ Hannah Nicole Maehrer

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/books/1679005122i/123257687.jpg 

 Click on the image to learn more about this book on Goodreads.



Format I Used: Audiobook & E-book

Pages: 352

Running Time: 13h 54m

My Rating: 5 stars

Publication Date: August 29, 2023

 

I really enjoyed this book, but I think that I need to do a re-read, because it took me such a long time to actually finish it, because I was reading others at the same time.

Spoilers ahead so read on at your own
risk.

*
*
*
*
*
*

I was so so excited for this, because I've been watching the author promote it on Tik Tok forever! This gave me everything that was promised and then some. It's a silly and cozy books that gives you all the tropes, and I can't wait to see what our dear Evie is going to get up to next. I enjoyed the back and forth between Evie and The Villain. It had me giggling and kicking my feet, and it gave me all the feelings that I wanted it to.

I'm curious to learn more about the silent Knight who helped Evie escape. I have theories on who it is, but I guess I'll just have to wait to find out.

I was surprised at who the bad guy was, but not in a OMG what a betrayal kind of way. (probably because I've been reading Jujutsu Kaisen, and it has made me numb to anything dramatic happening) I had my eyes on another character who was definitely too obvious of a choice, because some of the things they kept saying and doing.

I wasn't as annoyed with the cliff hanger as I thought I would be (and it didn't feel quite as dramatic to me) probably because the Big Bad thing happened, and instead of ending it there, it went on a little longer and other not so dramatic things happened, and THEN it ended. So it kind of dulled down the dramatic cliffhanger. But! that's just my opinion.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home