Monday, November 27, 2023

Review: The Night Hunt ~ Alexandra Christo

 

  Click on the image to learn more about this book on Goodreads.


Format I Used: Audiobook & E-book

Pages: 375

Running Time: 10h 50m

My Rating: 3.75 stars

Publication Date: October 10, 2023

Spoilers ahead, so read on at your own risk

Beautiful, creepy cover, that definitely fits the vibe of this book.


I wasn't truly invested in this book until about the last 25% of the book. Which is evident based on where all my Kindle notes and highlights came from.

It was a very slow moving book (in my opinion) It
felt kind of Reminiscent offfffff Wicked Saints for some reason. It was kind of hard to keep focused on it for a while, but when it finally hit its groove, it was *chefs kiss*

The whole premise of this was so interesting to me. And I loved the found family trope (which isn't surprising to anyone) It had Greek mythology, and regular creepy monsters, but it managed to not be overly scary. Nothing was ever quite what it seemed, and just when you think you know what's going to happen, it doesn't...

Tristan and Cillian are just so precious and I want to protect them forever.

I LOVED getting to see Silas and his siblings. ESPECIALLY Thentos. I think this is a standalone, but I would LOVE to learn more about the rest of the River Gods.

Did It Make Me Cry? No 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home