Thursday, November 19, 2015

Review: The Amazing {Audio} Book Is Not On Fire

My Rating: 5 Stars

Date Listened To: November 2015
Listening Length: 4 hours and 25 minutes


Summary From Goodreads:

If you found The Amazing Book is Not on Fire at least mildly interesting, or even if you didn't read it at all, then you will LOVE our audiobook! Not only do you get us sensually narrating the whole thing in your ears, but there are over three hours of exclusive behind-the-scenes commentary on the book, and irrelevant Dan and Phil banter straight from our mouths to your ears! Who doesn't want that? Okay, that came out kind of weird, but trust us you'll like it. I guess we have to rephrase the blurb..?

In this AUDIObook is a world. An AUDIOworld created by two awkward guys who share their lives on the internet! We are Dan and Phil and we invite you on a journey inside our minds THROUGH YOUR EARS! From reading the stories of our actual births, to verbally exploring Phil's teenage diary and pontificating about all the reasons why Dan's a fail. Learn how to draw the perfect cat whiskers, get aural advice on how to make YouTube videos and How Will This Quiz Work discover which of our dining chairs represents you emotionally. With everything from what we text each other, to the time we met One Direction and what really happened in Vegas... This is The Amazing AUDIO Book Is Not On Fire!

This is The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire!



My Review:

Right, so, I know I already reviewed the actual book... But I listened to it as well, so, yeah...

I know you're probably asking yourself "why would she listen to the book if she's already read it?? That's just crazy!" Yeah, well, you're probably right. But I listened to the trailer for their audio book, and holy guacamole, I was hooked. Wait, what? You haven't heard the trailer?? Well, I can fix that for you.... There, I've added the video below... Make sure you have headphones and you keep your eyes closed. I'll wait right here for you *Cue Waiting Music*





 

SEE? wasn't that asdffghjkl amazing?! Anyways, that's what convinced me that I needed this audio book straightaway, and I regret nothing.

I am usually not a big fan of audio books because I can read much faster than the person narrating, or I just don't like the way it sounds.. In fact, I think {besides this one} I've only listened to one audio book all the way through. But this one was great because it was Dan and Phil doing the narrating, and it felt like I was "watching" one of their videos. I could imagine all the gestures they were making, while they were talking. It was actually pretty fantastic.

Even though all the content was basically the same, I really enjoyed all the sound effects and music as well as all the extra bantering that went on while they were narrating. It wan fun to hear their reactions while the other person was talking.. and all the different voices and accents they used.

Have you read/listened to this book yet? If yes, what did you think of it? If your answer is no, then I really think you need to! Either way, let me know down in the comments.


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home