Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Review: The Star Touched Queen

The Star Touched Queen
By Roshani Chokshi
My Rating: 2.5 Stars
Date Read: May 2016
Publication Date: April 26th 2016
Hardcover, 342 pages










Summary From Goodreads:
Fate and fortune. Power and passion. What does it take to be the queen of a kingdom when you’re only seventeen?

Maya is cursed. With a horoscope that promises a marriage of death and destruction, she has earned only the scorn and fear of her father’s kingdom. Content to follow more scholarly pursuits, her whole world is torn apart when her father, the Raja, arranges a wedding of political convenience to quell outside rebellions. Soon Maya becomes the queen of Akaran and wife of Amar. Neither roles are what she expected: As Akaran’s queen, she finds her voice and power. As Amar’s wife, she finds something else entirely: Compassion. Protection. Desire…

But Akaran has its own secrets—thousands of locked doors, gardens of glass, and a tree that bears memories instead of fruit. Soon, Maya suspects her life is in danger. Yet who, besides her husband, can she trust? With the fate of the human and Otherworldly realms hanging in the balance, Maya must unravel an ancient mystery that spans reincarnated lives to save those she loves the most…including herself

My Review:

I hate Maya's father. Really, truly hate him. The comment that he made about "even a favored daughter is still just a daughter." ugh.

This book was kind of strange...It was like A Court of thorns and roses mixed with The Wrath and the Dawn plus some Indian mythology, and Hades and Persephone, and Horoscopes. And all of  those are things that I really like... But it seemed like there was too much going on, and I was just so confused. I don't even know how to review this one... I hated how terribly Maya was treated. Because she had a bad horoscope, because she was a girl... I just... that was really frustrating. I loved the way Amar talked about Maya. That was beautiful. But I didn't like the total insta love. I felt like we never even got to learn anything about him, he was just kind of...there. And the magic, and the dimension/time traveling left me confused, like I had missed something. I don't know. This one wasn't for me, but I know lots of people who enjoyed it. Give it a try, and let me know what you think of it!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home