Thursday, September 8, 2016

Review: The Way To Game The Walk Of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen

The Way To Game The Walk Of Shame
By Jenn P. Nguyen
My Rating: 5 Stars
Date Read: June 2016
Publication Date: April 26th 2016
Hardcover, 342 pages












Summary From Goodreads:

Taylor Simmons is screwed.

Things were hard enough when her single-minded dedication to her studies earned her the reputation of being an Ice Queen, but after getting drunk at a party and waking up next to bad boy surfer Evan McKinley, the entire school seems intent on tearing Taylor down with mockery and gossip.

Desperate to salvage her reputation, Taylor persuades Evan to pretend they’re in a serious romantic relationship. After all, it’s better to be the girl who tames the wild surfer than just another notch on his surfboard.


My Review:

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh. My. Gosh. I loved this book. La la la la lovvvvved this book. Seriously, I just want to sit and pet it for awhile. I had such high expectations for this one, when I first heard about it once upon a time, forever ago... And that made me a little bit nervous, because usually when that happens, I don't like the book at all, and that's a bit heartbreaking. But when I picked it up and started reading it, I fell in love with it right away. I was sucked in from the very start, and I didn't want to have to put it down {And I did, [boo] because I started it during my dinner break at work, and for some reason, they actually wanted me to come back and do stuff [lol]}

Don't be put off by the title of the book, despite what it sounds like, this is actually a very cute, age appropriate book. Kind of similar-ish to Anna And The French Kiss. Sure, it's got your basic teenage drama, but it's not so much that I'm sitting there rolling my eyes the whole time either.Or cringing at the absurdity of it all.

Taylor was a super focused, super perfectionist, and all she wants is to get into the school of her dreams. Sometimes I just really wanted to smack her and tell her to get a hold of herself and just, I don't know, calm the heck down. But on the other hand, I get it. I understand what it's like to want something so bad, that's the only thing you have time to think about. I can be a bit of a perfectionist myself, and I'm kind of OCD about some things, especially if I'm working on an assignment. If it's not exactly how I think it should be, I get so upset.

And then we have Evan... The ever so swoon-worthy Evan. He's popular, sexy-licious {a fact that he is absolutely aware of} and also slightly cocky, with a playboy reputation to go along with it. He's also extremely sweet and kind. I loved Taylor and Evan together. They were totally opposites in personality, but they complimented each other so well.

I absolutely loved this book {if that wasn't obvious from my opening statement} and I cannot wait to see what Jenn P. Nguyen writes next!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home