Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Shatter Me
By Tahereh Mafi
My Rating: FIVE THOUSAND Stars
Publication Date: November 15, 2011

Date Read: Originally in December 2011, Rereading/listening to the Audiobook February 2018 in preparation for RESTORE ME
Hardback, 338 Pages
























 Summary From Goodreads:
I have a curse
I have a gift

I am a monster
I'm more than human

My touch is lethal
My touch is power

I am their weapon
I will fight back

Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.



My Review:
Holy Smokes, has it really been 7 years since I had the joy of reading this wonderfully beautiful book for the first time?!
So I've been tag team reading/listening to this book to get ready for book 4 (which I am super ecstatic for. I mean, I can't even find the right words to use to properly describe how excited I am for this) and I have to say, even though I'm not %100 in love with the narrator (for me, she makes Juliette sound super young. Way younger than her 17 years) I actually enjoyed listening to it. I was paying closer attention to it, and I actually learned some things that I had missed before (or forgotten about) Like when the characters were talking or Juliette was having an internal monologue, and there some words that I wouldn't have, you know, put emphasis on while I was reading, which gave it a whole new meaning for me. Does that even make sense to anyone besides me?

I love this book. No matter how many times I read this series, my love never diminishes. In fact, it grows.

It's so beautifully written, Juliette's feelings are so strong. When she's sad, I'm sad. When she's angry, I'm angry... and so on and so forth.

I love how many emotions that this book makes me feel while I'm reading it. Even though I know what's going to happen, when a sad part comes up, I still cry. It's almost ridiculous. Almost. This book. I just. Yeah. I'm going to try and get my reviews up for books 2 and 3 and now number 4 at some point.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At March 7, 2018 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Sue Bursztynski said...

Yeah, I read this when it came out. I liked it, though not enough to read the rest - sorry! What do you think of the “prom dress” cover? She never wore anything like it in the entire novel.

 
At March 8, 2018 at 10:18 AM , Blogger RandomlyKait said...

I think it's pretty, but it definitely does not fit the series. I think they did it that way, because pretty covers sell books. I much prefer the covers for the rest of the series

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home