Monday, May 27, 2019

Review: When Lightning Strikes by Meg Cabot

When Lightning Strikes (1-800-Where-R-You, #1)
 
 
 
When Lightning Strikes
By Meg Cabot
My Rating: 5 Stars
Paperback, 266 pages
Published January 1st 2007


























Summary From Goodreads

 Jess Mastriani has never been what you'd call a typical Midwestern teenager—her extracurricular activities, instead of cheerleading or 4-H, include fist-fights with the football team and month-long stints in detention. A part of Jess would like to be the prom queen her mother has always envisioned her being, but another part is secretly counting the days until she's saved up enough money to buy her own Harley.

Then something happens that guarantees Jess will be one of the in-crowd...at least until her newfound talent ends up getting her dead.




My Review:

Let's have a little back story about the first time I read this book, shall we? I bought this book Once Upon A Time Forever Ago (circa early 2005) at the Half Price Bookstore... I think it was like, 50 cents or something like that. But once I got it home, it sat on my bookshelf f o r e v e r... But finally, one night when I knew I was going to be in the car for a pretty good amount of time, I tossed it into my backpack on a whim, just in case I got bored and needed something to read. (Of course I got bored and needed something to read) and you know what? I absolutely DEVOURED it once I started reading. I read the WHOLE thing in one car ride and I was absolutely in love. I loved Jess, and how snarky she was, and how she would punch a dude in the face because he insulted her best friend. I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. And I loved Rob. HOLY MOLY I loved Rob. He was the second Book Boyfriend I had (the first was Ned Nickerson). I went to the library the very next day and got the rest of the books, and read them all several times.

Flash forward to 2019:

I needed to re-read a favorite book for a reading challenge I'm doing at my job, and I planned on re-reading A Court of Mist and Fury, but then someone mentioned Meg Cabot and I started thinking about this series again and it made me real... nostalgic. So I picked it up and started reading again. And I still love it just as much.

I still admire Jess and how fiercely she stands up for the people she loves (and even people she doesn't know, if they're being treated poorly.) and how she fights for what's right and how she manages to get out of some pretty hairy situations.

I still L O V E Rob, he's moody and perfect just the way he is *Insert heart emoji eyes*

This is such a quick read, even though it's close to 300 pages. I'm so glad that I decided to give this another read through after all this time
 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home