Monday, May 9, 2022

ARC Review: The Enemy ~ Sarah Adams

 

Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.



Format I Used: ARC Audiobook
Pages: 258
Running Time: 8h:12m
My Rating: 4 stars
Publication Date: May 10, 2022

 

 

Spoilers ahead my friends so please read on with


C
A
U
T
I
O
N



I appreciate the fact that they didn't have a big blow up misunderstanding fight that led to a breakup and then a whole bunch of moping around.

I also appreciate the fact that Ryan was a little bit dishonest about what he was doing when he went to checkout the restaurant, felt real bad about it, and then TEXTED JUNE AND TOLD HER WHAT HE WAS ACTUALLY DOING and apologized for not just being straight up with her in the first place, instead of hiding it and having it revealed in some dramatic fashion. Can we get more of that please?

And when June was all overwhelmed because stupid Noah was trying to get under her skin and she was feeling insecure because she realized just what a big deal Ryan actually was and ran away... guess what happened? She realized how silly she was being and that she reallllly liked Ryan, and went back!

That was, like, a breath of fresh air to me.

Did I find their tricks on each other to be silly, especially since

1. They seemed a bit extreme and
2. because they were literally full grown adults acting like elementary school kids.

Yes. But that obviously didn't detract from my enjoyment of the novel. This was a fun fake enemies to lovers book (I say fake, because although they acted liked they didn't like each other, they were both crazy about the other person and had been for quite some time.

I also loved the family dynamics of this book!

It was a fast and fun read, and I would 10 out of 10 recommend for you to give it a try.

Thank you to Netgalley and Dreamscape Media for allowing me to listen to an audio ARC

 


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home