Friday, April 29, 2022

Review: Tokyo Ever After ~ Emiko Jean


 

 
Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads


Format I Used: Audiobook
Pages: 336
Running Time: 9h:33m
My Rating: 5 stars
Publication Date: May 18, 2021

 

I actually really liked this book overall. It was Princess Diaries meets Crazy Rich Asians. It's a fast, fluffy read, but it does have some serious elements that are dealt with.

The cover is gorgeous, and I enjoyed watching Izumi grow and learn more about herself and her family.

Akio's name is pronounced and spelled so close to AKITO (someone from Fruits Basket) and I don't like Akito... so it took me a minute to get over that in my head.

I appreciate that Izumi's grandma and grandpa were more accepting of her than I thought they would be. I was thinking that I was going to spend the whole book hating them because they didn't like her because of her commoner upbringing/child out of wedlock

Also, props for my last name being in this one too. AND the narrator pronounced it correct, and not the Americanized way.

Did It Make Me Cry? No

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home