Saturday, May 13, 2023

Review: Chasing Your Ghost ~ Magie I. Fields


Chasing Your Ghost by Maggie I. Fields

Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.



Format I Used:E-book
Pages: 439
My Rating: 3 stars
Publication Date: March 27, 2023

 Spoilers ahead so read on with caution.

This was okay. I was super interested in the premise and the characters, and it started off super strong. What really pulled me in at the beginning was the fact that I was getting Veil Diaries meets Ghost Whisperer meets The Mediator vibes, and I really love all of those things.

 I really felt for Riley and her situation. I was so angry on her behalf at how her mother treated her, and there were so many times, had I been in her shoes, I would have just left. I also really enjoyed the relationship that Riley had with her step brother. They were so funny together!

There were things that were a little but predictable, but maybe that's because I've watched and read so many supernatural things. The one thing that WASN'T predictable was the fact that Brett was the bad guy  I for SURE did not call that.

There were also a few spicy scenes thrown in at the very end, which was fine, but it also felt weird to me. I get it. They were making up for lost time when Asher was a "ghost" and they thought that they couldn't touch each other. But, in my opinion, it didn't add anything to the story for me. 

 
Will definitely be reading the next one to see what happens.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home