Tuesday, March 28, 2023

ARC Review: It's Boba Time For Pearl Li! ~ Nicole Chen

Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.


Format I Used: Digital ARC

Pages: 368

Running Time: 7h 31m
My Rating: 4 stars
Publication Date: February 28, 2023

I thought this book was extremely charming. As someone who crochets a little, and enjoys the occasional boba tea, I love that this focuses on Pearl and her love for Boba and Amigurumi.

I think Pearl is a character who is easy to relate to. She's still trying to figure out who she is, and how to stand up for herself and what she loves. A lot of things start changing all at once, and she makes a lot of mistakes, but ends up learning from them. And she's able to strengthen her relationships with her friends and family.

I also love that there is a glossary of terms at the end of the book, and a little chart for how Pearl calculated the profits for Kawaii Crochets. I thought that it was a nice way for younger kids to understand what was being talked about, and give them an idea of what to do if they also wanted to start making and selling things.

Thank you so much to Netgalley and Harpercollins Children's books for allowing me to read an ARC of this delightful book. All thoughts and opinions are my own

Did It Make Me Cry? No.

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home