Tuesday, August 15, 2023

ARC Review: Hello Stranger ~ Katherine Center

Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads
 
 
Format I Used: E-ARC
Pages: 336
Running Time: 10h:39m
My Rating: 5 stars
Publication Date: July 11, 2023

 

I was actually so impressed with this book. I was a little worried at first (hence the reason I put off finishing it for so long) but I shouldn't have worried.

The whole concept of the story was interesting to me. It's not the first time I've read or watched something that dealt with prosopagnosia (Bone Gap, Holding Up The Universe, My Unicorn Girl) but I thought the way they described it was good? (possibly? Someone with Prosopagnosia please let me know if the description was accurate)

I was a little frustrated with the whole non-communication, because a whole lot of hurt could have been avoided. But that would also have cut the book entirely in half. I did see the whole plot twist coming pretty early on, especially when certain things were mentioned several times.

I really really disliked Sadie's dad, step mom...but the biggest villain of them all was PARKER. Don't get me STARTED on Parker. I dislike her almost as much as I dislike Mahito from JJK. But it was interesting to see different familial relationships and feelings explored.

The Kim family was absolutely amazing, and they deserve all the love in the whole wide world. So was Joe for that matter. He was so kind and patient, and just the sweetest. Sadie was a little annoying at first, but I enjoyed watching her grow and learn more about herself.

I sobbed several times while reading this, so that means it gets even more bonus points.

Katherine Center has yet again created a story filled with imperfect yet endearing and relatable characters, and a story line that kept me interested once I finally got over myself and started reading.

Thank you to to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for the e-arc!

Did It Make Me Cry? Yes

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home