Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Review: The Secret Heir by Siobhan Davis

The Secret Heir (Alinthia #2)The Secret Heir
By Siobhan Davis
My Rating: 4 Stars
Publication Date: March 31, 2018

Date Read: March 2018
Kindle Edition

























Summary From Goodreads:

Is it her destiny to save them … or destroy them?

Now that Tori finally understands who she is and what’s expected of her, she’s in full-on freak-out mode. How will she save the galaxy from General Arantu’s clutches when she can’t even control her powers?

Add that to the lack of retaliation by enemy alien forces, and everyone is on edge. Especially when they uncover evidence of a strange alien symbol with possible links to humans, and the mystery deepens, along with their frustration.

But that’s not the only thing keeping Tori awake at night.

Confused over the horrific vision she experienced the night of the Herassan attack, Tori is terrified of revealing details of her protectors’ supposed fate, so she says nothing. Keeping stuff hidden never ends well, and as evil forces conspire against Tori and her four protectors, secrets and lies threaten to destroy everything they hope to achieve. While Tori grows closer to Coop, Maddox, and Beck, Dane remains distant, creating more tension and jeopardizing their bond.

Then an unexpected newcomer arrives, casting suspicion over everything they believe they know.

When Tori finally figures out what’s going on, will she have time to warn the guys? Or is their fate already sealed?
 
  




My Review:




I was super stoked when I was able to get my hands on a copy of this book, especially with the way that the last one ended. Like, I've been really anxious to find out what was going to happen next!

And I just...

Umm...

I think I'm still processing my feelings!

I read through this one at lightning speed, because that's how excited I was to be able to read this.

This book starts up literally right after where the second one left off, and Tori is feeling sorry for herself, and blaming herself for what happened to you know who. And right away, I just wanted to shake her and say "GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!!" which she did, eventually.

There was so much world building and character building in this book, which I absolutely love. I like getting to see book characters grow up and progress from being unsure and insecure about who they are, to kick @$$ characters who won't take crap from anyone.

I loved getting to see Tori spend more time with her guys, and seeing their relationships grow closer, it totally made me smile. I love all the guys, but my favorite is still Beckett (because I usually go for the cute nerdy ones, lol)

There were surprises in this book, some that I expected and others that I absolutely did not.

This was a fantastic continuation to the Alinthia series, and I'm very very very much looking forward to the next book, especially since this one ended with a cliffhanger *SIGHS* authors are trying to kill me with cliffhangers, I swear.

If you've read and enjoyed the first one, then you should definitely continue on with the series. Or if you love a good SciFi book packed with action, romance, and mystery, then this is the series for you!

*I am voluntarily reviewing complimentary Advance Readers Copy of this book. All of the thoughts and opinions that are expressed above are completely and totally %100 percent mine, and I have not been compensated in any way for this review.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home