Monday, February 14, 2022

Review: The Bone Witch ~ Rin Chupeco

                                       My photo. Click on the picture to read more about this book 


Format I Used: Audiobook
Pages: 432
Running Time: 12h:8m
My Rating: 2 stars
Publication Date: March  7, 2017


Spoilers so read on with caution.

I feel...I don't know, very meh about this book. I spent the entire time reading it waiting for something exciting to happen?

This book has been out for almost 5 years, and I am sure that I am not adding any kind of new information with this review but alas, here we are.

I was very intrigued by the premise (which is all I knew about the book before reading it. I don't read reviews beforehand) but there was so much build up and backstory that nothing really interesting happened until maybe the last 10 percent of the book. I also wasn't sure about the duel timeline. I was much more interested in Tea in the present day? Future? Whatever you want to call it. The part of the story where she was in self exile or whatever. I wanted more of that.

There were hints at maybe possibly a romance... No, that's not the right word. Tea talked about how much she liked a certain character, and there were brief moments of... light flirtation? But then all of a sudden at the very end, she's resurrecting Kalen and calling him my love? When they didn't really like each other throughout the whole book. (although, as soon as Kalen was introduced I was like, yeah. He's the one.) I FULLY understand that more is going to happen in the next two books (I hope) and we'll get to see Kalen and Tea's relationship bloom or what have you. I'm just trying to decide if I want to find out how things play out badly enough to pick up those sequels.
 

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home