Saturday, January 29, 2022

Bad Luck Bridesmaid ~ Alison Rose Greenberg

 

Image from Goodreads. Click on cover to read more about the book.

Format I Used: Audiobook
Pages: 320
Running Time: 9h:50m
My Rating: 2 stars
Publication Date: January 11, 2022

Spoilers of sorts so read on with caution

Let me preface this by saying, I did not enjoy this book, H O W E V E R! Lots of people did. I'm NOT saying this is a bad book and that you shouldn't read it. You absolutely should. This storyline has elements that are relatable and will resonate with SO MANY PEOPLE.

Some people want to have kids desperately, but can't.

Some people don't want to get married. Ever. Period.

Some people DON'T want to have kids.

Moving on...

I feel very mislead.

Well, okay, it's probably my fault for not reading any of the reviews beforehand. But I NEVER read reviews before I read the actual book.

If you're going to take anything away from my review let it be this: Do NOT go into this book thinking you're going to be reading a romance. That's not what this is. Like, at all.

Since all I was going on was the synopsis that Goodreads has, I was expecting this to be a second chance romance where the MC and her "perfect" boyfriend would fall back in love with each other as they spend more time together. No.

Then enters cranky Ezra, and I'm like Okay okay. She's going to meet this cranky cinnamon roll and he will also want to be in a relationship but not want to get married, and they'll be perfect together. Also, no.

That's not my biggest issue with this book. My biggest issue is the fact that when her ex shows up with a new girl on his arm she spent so much time trying to get his attention, and then they hooked up several times. I hated the straight up cheating. It's a turnoff for me and something that is NEVER okay.
 
Did It Make Me Cry? No

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home