Wednesday, February 2, 2022

ARC Review : The Ecalibur Curse ~ Kiersten White

 

                                  Image from Goodreads. Click on cover to read more about the book.

Format I Used: Digital ARC
Pages: 278
My Rating: 2 stars
Publication Date: December 7, 2021


* This was posted as an ARC review over on Goodreads back in November 2021*


Excuse me while I go around and pick up all the shattered pieces of my heart... I went in expecting too much, and as a result I've been DISAPPOINTED. *Cue sobs*

Possible spoilers ahead, so stop reading

Right

Now

If you don't want to be spoiled on anything.

If you haven't stopped by now, it's your own fault.

I'm trying to separate myself from what I was expecting out of this book, and look at it with a neutral POV and pretend that I didn't love my Morally Grey Mordred just a little, but it's HARD. This was so promising, and I've invested so much time into reading this series... And the end was just a little bit of a let down for me.

Mordred was top notch, as per usual. We get to see that Arthur is not as good as we once thought, and I have no problems with Lancelot.

I was hoping there would be a way for everyone to get their HEA, but Holy Heck, Guinevere was SO darn wishy washy with her feelings towards everyone, I didn't want her to end up with ANYONE...

This book felt like a middle book, and not an end book to me. New characters were introduced, and things at the end felt all loose ended to me. It's not a horrible book, just not the one for me.

*Thank you to Netgalley and Random House Children's, Delacorte Press for allowing me to read an e-ARC. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are 100 % mine*

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No, but I wanted to scream and throw it against the wall a couple of times...



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home