Friday, January 13, 2023

Review: Prince Of Song & Sea ~ Linsey Miller


Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.


Format I Used: Audiobook & E-book
Pages: 352
Running Time: 7h:28m
My Rating: 5 stars
Publication Date: October 4, 2022

 

Oh okay 2023, I see you coming in strong with a book that I loved so much. (this was the very first book I finished for 2023, btw. I'm just now getting around to posting the review here though.)


Also beware of possible slight spoilers

But for real, I want about a million more books like this.

Eric is one of my FAVORITE Disney Princes. Flynn Rider is second. So imagine my surprise and delight when I found out that Disney Prince novels were going to be a thing. And ERIC was going to be the first one? Yes please! Sign. Me. Up.

But even with all that said, I put off reading this one for a while, because I was skeptical if I'm being honest. I wasn't sure how they were going to pull it off. Because as much as I love Prince Eric, I didn't know how they were going to make the story from his perspective interesting. And sometimes books like this can be a miss.

But they did make it interesting!

The author did a great job weaving new things into a story that I already knew like the back of my hand. Is it perfect? No. Don't go into reading this thinking that you're going to get a brand new story, because that's not what's going to happen. It's LITERALLY Little Mermaid from Eric's perspective. Don't go into it thinking it's going to be a story that changes everything around.

Do we get to learn new things about Eric and his life and what's going on? Yes. Does it make me think about the story of The Little Mermaid differently? YES. I thought it was so interesting that Eric was cursed, and it made me look at the story from a different perspective. He wasn't just some oblivious dope during the Kiss The Girl scene, he was literally trying not to kill anyone. He had so much more depth. He didn't come of as just a pretty boy.

I also love the addition of Sauer, Nora, Gabriella, and Vinny, and the pirates/souls thing. I could literally read a whole spin off series about adventures that they all have with that.

There were a few things that I wish had been a little more fleshed out, like Nora and Gabriella and the whole "surprise" mermaid thing, but overall it was a HIGHLY enjoyable read.

Did It Make Me Cry? No.

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home