Monday, April 23, 2018

Review: Coveted By Grace White

Coveted by Grace White
Coveted
By Grace White
My Rating: 4 Stars
Publication Date: April 23rd, 2018
Date Read: April 2018
Kindle 111 Pages



















Summary From Goodreads:

Terra Materson knew moving to Atchison College would take some getting used to. But she didn’t expect to discover she had the spirit of an ancient goddess inside her. 

It’s a lot to process. Not to mention the four overprotective guys who have made it their mission to take Terra under their wing. But as her connection to Ross, Cael, Endo, and Sol intensifies, so too does her need for the truth.

Her protectors want to keep her safe. The witches need her power. And her new friends just want her to live a little. But as her hidden memories slowly return, Terra is left questioning who she can trust. Because with magic in the air, anyone could be an enemy and nothing may be as it seems...

Coveted is the second book in The Gaia Chronicles, an urban fantasy reverse harem series, and must be read after book #1: Cursed. Recommended for readers 17+



My Review:


Terra does a lot more growing up in this book. But she also struggles a lot with who she is. She's having a hard time trying to sort out how she feels about everything that is happening. And she also is having kind of an existential crisis because she doesn't know if the guys like her for her, or if they like her because she's Gaia's reincarnation.

So she's trying to figure that out. But on the other hand, I feel like she's dealing with things much better than I would have. Honestly, I'd be freaking out. She's such a strong character. And I find the fact that she does things after the guys tell her not to extremely amusing. I'm like HA! You go Terra!

I think the author does a good job at throwing in an element of mystery with everything else that is going on. What is the mysterious force that Terra keeps sensing? Who is it that is always after her? What are the guys still hiding from her? It's fun to try and figure those things out with Terra and the others.

I liked getting to see her relationship with the boys grow. And watching her create a connection with each of them. Even the douche bag Sol (JK, I kinda love him). Though I think I would have been a bit more forceful and demand to know answers, because I HATE being kept in the dark about things, because I hate being taken off guard.

There were a few plot twists that I did not see coming, and I'm torn between being in denial about who the culprit is and going AH HA! I knew there was something sketchy about *Spoiler Removed*!

I have a love/hate relationship with the way this book and the last one ended. I love it, because it builds up to a big ending, and then leaves you with a million questions, and makes you definitely want the next book ASAP. But I also kind of hate it, because then WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WHILE I WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK?! Ha ha, anyways.

I'm so glad I got a chance to read this book, and I can't wait for the next one!

* I am voluntarily reviewing complimentary Advance Readers Copy of this book. All of the thoughts and opinions that are expressed are completely and totally %100 percent mine, and I have not been compensated in any way for this review.*

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home