Friday, May 31, 2019

Review: Mystery Train by Carolyn Keene

Mystery Train (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery #8)Mystery Train
By Carolyn Keene
My Rating: 4 Stars
Mass Market Paperback, 220 pages
Published November 1st 1990























Summary From Goodreads:
NANCY DREW joins some of the best minds in the mystery field to help crack a famous unsolved case: the theft of the Comstock diamond. A private train will take the elite group from Chicago to San Francisco, the same route taken by the jewel thief fifteen years before. But someone is out to derail the search for clues and send Nancy on a chilling cross-country ride to terror. 
 
Meanwhile... 
 
FRANK AND JOE HARDY climb on board, lured by the promise of a $25,000 reward for whoever finds the diamond. Instead they find trouble: an open-air fist fight atop the speeding train, a runaway locomotive, and a beautiful gem of a different kind -- actress Kate Harkins. Joe is dazzled by her entrance -- and stunned by her exit. 
 
The teen detectives suspect she's been kidnapped, and it soon becomes clear they've all been ticketed for disaster... on the
"Mystery Train"


My Review:

So, it's been a hot minute since the last time I read a Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew book. And I picked this one up because we're doing a reading challenge at work and this one fit all the qualifications of the category.

I forgot how much I enjoyed reading Nancy Drew. The very first "big girl" book I remember reading was The Ice Scream Scoop, which was part of the Nancy Drew Notebooks series, and after that I was obsessed. With that series, and with reading in general. It's one of those random "fun facts" that I can tell people. But I'm getting off topic, so lets rewind and redirect my thoughts.

I thought this was a fun book. It reminded me why I liked reading these mysteries when I was younger. I especially liked the interaction they had with the Hardy Boys. It made me happy and nostalgic and everything in between.

I wish there had been some romance in it, but that's because I'm a YA/NA romance reader. But it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the book.

It was fun getting to "look" for clues and see if I could figure out whodunnit before the rest of the gang.


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home