Sunday, February 6, 2022

Review: Clockwork Angel ~ Cassandra Clare

Image from Goodreads. Click on cover to read more about the book. 


Format I Used: Audiobook/Ebook/Physical Book
Pages: 479
Running Time: 14h:36m
My Rating: 5 stars
Publication Date: August 31, 2010

 

I've read this book about a zillion times, and I love it the same as always... My review has been up on Goodreads for ages, so I guess now I'll share it here too. My original review is down at the very bottom, my second set of thoughts in the middle, and the little bit that you're going to read first is my thoughts on who I want to see play specific characters (well, okay, just two lol) And as I'm looking through this, I am laughing because it's all so random and I love it.

 

I've always been pretty vocal about the fact that Adam Lambert is who I picture as Magnus Bane when I read the books

description


But now I've found my perfect Jem (Guan Hong/Darren Chen), thanks to me binge watching  Meteor Garden A La 2018... Then I also binge watched My Unicorn Girl, which he is also in, but that's another post entirely...)

description

Be still my beating heart.

*Neither picture is mine*


Review on 5-20-20

Some thoughts I had whilst listening to this again:

1. Jem Jem Jem Jem Jem Jem Jem Jem JEEEEEMmmmMMmmM

2. It's M A G N U S *Insert Heart Eyes*

3. I forgot how much I enjoy William Herondale and his adorable sarcastic self.

4. Bro. I can still quote parts of this book from heart.

5. It's my favorite immortal kitty cat Church.

6. Bleh. I forgot how annoying Jessamine is.

7. Ew. Nathaniel...

8. Sketchy Ducks...

9. D E M O N P O X!

Original Review:
I can't believe that Cassandra Clare has done it again! She's created a world that sucks you in and keeps you mesmerized. I found myself making character comparisons Jace and Will, Simon and Jem, Clary and Tessa, Jessamine and Isabelle. But for everything that was similar there was also something different.

There is definitely a love story going on, but there is no confusion about who is related to who. And it's done in more of a classical way (Keep in mind the time frame)

There are a lot of new characters that you get to meet, but then there are a few that we all already know and love (Magnus and Church for example.) For me, I read Clockwork Angel while I was re-reading The Mortal Instruments and was able to point out certain things that I hadn't noticed before.

I am already in love with this series, and am so sad that I have to wait so long for Clockwork Prince.



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home