Saturday, January 15, 2022

Review: The Girl Least Likely ~ Katy Loutzenhiser

                                  Image from Goodreads. Click on cover to read more about the book.

Format I Used: Audiobook
Pages: 352
Running Time: 10h:3m
My Rating: 4.5 stars
Publication Date: June 29, 2021

 

 So for a YA book, this was surprisingly good. (I only say that because I've read a string of... annoying ones...)

I've not read any fiction books about comedians, so the whole idea was a breath of fresh air. And I could kind of relate to Gretchen. Going to places where there are a lot of people give me anxiety, and sometimes I do think it would be nice to be able to... Not be myself for a while? I mean, she got busted... surprise, surprise. And things kind of blew up dramatically. But it was actually good for her, because it forced her to confront some issues that she had. 

------SPOILER------

I am thrilled that she ended up with the person that ended up with. Some reviews I've seen since actually finished this book are like: whaaat? why him? There's no build up or anything!

But.... Ummmm... Excuse me? He was a better friend to her than her supposed best fried was. AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON JEREMY. I don't know what it was, but he was not my favorite person from the beginning...I was rooting for Ethan from the get go.

------END SPOILER------


It was nice watching Gretchen grow and learn more about herself, and actually finally talk to her family about how she was feeling. And her parents were actually pretty supportive of her once the communication channels were finally open and flowing.

10 out of 10 recommend.

 

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home