Friday, February 18, 2022

Review: Bound By Firelight ~ Dana Swift

Picture from Goodreads. Click on the cover to read more about this book.

 

Format I Used: Audiobook & Ebook
Pages: 441
Running Time: 11h:14m
My Rating: 5 stars
Publication Date: January 18, 2022 


Okay okay okay, I honestly put off reading this one for a awhile. Because I was hoping for a lot, and didn't want it to hurt me. But I loved this book SO MUCH. I am still so entranced by the levels and color of the magic and casting and everything involved with that.

When I started reading this, it made me SO antsy. I couldn't sit still, because I knew bad things were going to happen I just didn't know what exactly was going to play out. Even though bad things happened, it wasn't exactly as bad as I thought it was going to be?

There were a lot of twists that I didn't see coming, and they kept me on the edge of my seat dying to see how things were going to end up playing out.

Adraa and Jatin didn't spend a lot of time together in this one, but it still worked out. I love how strong Adraa is, and how much she learned and grew throughout the whole story. She reminded me a lot of Aelin. She was clever and a little bit reckless, and I was cheering for her the whole way through.

I also adore Jatin and how funny and kind, and confident he was (even when he wasn't confident) I liked the relationship he had with Kalyan (who I would like to see more of, please and thank you)

I thought this was a duology, and most things were tied up all nice and pretty, but at the same time there were a few things left loose ended, and they hint at a possible third book?

I would like to see a spin off with Kalyan as one of the lead, and I also would like to see a spin off with Hiren and Prisha.


Did It Make Me Cry? No, but I got a little misty eyed a few times

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home