Sunday, February 20, 2022

Review: Lakesedge ~ Lyndall Clipstone

 

 Click on the photo to learn more about this book.


Format I Used: Ebook
Pages: 384
Running Time: 11h:25m
My Rating: 2.75 stars
Publication Date: September 28, 2021

 
This wasn't my favorite book, but it also wasn't my least favorite book.

Slight? spoiler ahead. So read on with caution.

This book is one I'd describe as being an atmospheric and molasses type of read.  Kind of along the same lines as The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. Despite the severity of the situation that they're in, it moves along at a steady and leisurely pace (in my opinion)

I liked the idea of this book, and the fact that our dear Monster of Lakesedge who, although he's been said to have done horrible things, and is trying to take Leta's little brother away, also agrees to take Leta, when he realizes that she's been being abused and keep her safe even though he literally has no idea what to do with her. He was such a cinnamon roll, and I loved him.

After that point, I feel like the book slows down a lot and there's a lot of sneaking around and skirting the truth of things.

The ending was giving me Chilling Adventures of Sabrina vibes, and that gave it bonus points in my book. Although I did feel pretty ragey because I was thinking it was a standalone for some reason, and it is definitely NOT. So yay for that.


Did It Make Me Cry? No 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home