Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Review: The Prison Healer ~ Lynette Noni

Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads 


Format I Used: Combination Audiobook/Ebook
Pages: 416
Running Time: 14h:40m
My Rating: 4 stars
Publication Date: April 13, 2021
 

 

  !!!!!Spoilers Ahead Read On With Caution!!!!!


I was rather intrigued by this story, it felt like Hunger Games meets The Maze Runner.

I kept forgetting that this book was supposed to be set in a prison, because the danger level wasn't really there for me. I didn't know too much about this book before I started reading it, and I wasn't trying too hard to figure out what was going to happen next. I was literally just there for the ride. 

 

There were a few plot twists that I saw coming (Jaren being a prince or someone equally important, Naari being someone important/close to the him) but the one that I didn't see coming, and made me go uhhhh the heck?! was the end where we find out that Kiva is Tilda's daughter. I literally went

 

 OH SNAP

 

 I definitely did NOT see that coming, and was happy that it was able to catch me off guard like that. I also like the revelation about Kiva and her other secret... and now I'm looking at her and her actions throughout the whole book in a whole new light.

This book did move at a rather slow pace (for me at least) I listened to a big chunk of it (and I listen to it at 1.5-2.0 times the normal reading speed) and I could have sworn I was further into it, but when I looked only an hour or two had passed. So just be prepared for a slow and meandering book.

Tipp was probably my favorite character. He is the most precious child ever, and there were a few times when I thought the book and I were going to have issues, because I did NOT want anything to happen to him. I literally yelled at the book a few times when I thought things were going to go bad.

Anyway, can't wait to see what's going to happen in book two!

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No, but I wanted to scream a few times when I thought Tipp wasn't going to make it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home