Thursday, March 24, 2022

Review: Broken Wings ~ Jaymin Eve & Tate James

Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads

 
 
Format I Used: Ebook
Pages: 304
Running Time: 8h:42m
My Rating: 3.75 stars
Publication Date: May 16, 2019

 

Okay, so this has been sitting in my Kindle library for what feels like forever, and I was bored and nothing else seemed to catch my interest, so I started reading this. This definitely is one of those books that you have to be in a specific mood to read (at least for me it was) I started this book in the wee hours of the morning and read it in a couple of hours and then immediately started on book two. But today when I sat down to pick up where I left off, I was like... ehhhhmmmm? So now I'm thinking book two will sit in my Kindle library for forever and then I'll have to read the whole thing over again because I'll have forgotten what happened.

This book is a little outlandish at times, especially considering it's not a fantasy book, and it was giving me Inheritance Games vibes, except much more intense and steamy.

I'm not much of a fan of the bully romance, which is what this is (actually it's a dark bully romance) but I like Riley well enough to be cheering her on and hope that she gets the things that she needs and wants. She (and this book) are also giving me Alexis Delaney vibes a la The Veil Diaries, and I kept switching the two series in my head while I was reading this.

I'm still suspicious-ish of Dante. He knows too much. I think it's more than just him being in a gang. Maybe he has something to do with the rival group? The Huntley's? I don't know, it'll be interesting to see, if I actually get into reading this one again anytime soon.

I HATE Deboise (is that even how it's spelled? I don't know) and I hope that she gets booted off the pedestal she's put herself on.

There are lots of triggers in this book, so please make sure that you do your research before reading. Don't just jump into it blind if you're at all a sensitive reader.

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home