Saturday, March 12, 2022

Review: Daughter Of The Moon Goddess ~ Sue Lynn Tan

 

 

Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads 
 
 
Format I Used: Combination Audiobook/Ebook
Pages: 512
Running Time: 15h:1m
My Rating: 5 stars
Publication Date: January 11, 2022
 
I don't think I need to tell you, but beware of spoilers...

No, I don't think you understand, I am OBSESSED with this book. I did a combination of reading it and listening to it, and I was just so enchanted with the whole thing. I highlighted so many sections and made so many notes in the ebook, which hasn't happened to that extent in a while. I loved the mythology, and the character building and weapons, and the magical creatures.

I did have my doubts at first. I was worried that Xingyin was going to be a spoiled royal, and her life on the run was going to consist of her being a whiny crybaby.

But that obviously was not the case. Xingyin was very much out of her comfort zone, but she managed to hold her own quite well. She was such a strong I loved how well she could roll with the punches while still staying true to what she believed in. And her candor when she was talking to Liwei the first time they met was *Chef's kiss*

I loved Liwei. Like, LOVED him. He was my favorite character. I loved that he was so kind, and how he stood up for his friends, even if it meant going against his parents. He threw his status around, but pretty much only when he was using it to protect Xingyin. Or in that one moment that he was being a jealous little poophead and was all like rah rah rah I did not release you. I was like. BOYYYYeeeee, the AUDACITY you have.

I smelled the plot twist of Wenzhi being a love rival/bad guy from a mile away, but that's just because those are the kinds of books that I always end up gravitating towards.


This book has several major plot points that it swivels to for its duration, and every time it changed directions I was initially like ummm? What's going on? But it all worked out quite nicely. And I can't WAIT to read book 2 in order to see how things are going to play out with Wenzhi.

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No

 

 

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home