Monday, March 28, 2022

Review: This Might Get Awkward ~ Kara McDowell


Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads 


Format I Used: Combination Audiobook/Ebook
Pages: 336
Running Time: 8h:28m
My Rating: 3 stars
Publication Date: March 1, 2022



 ****Possible spoilers ahead so read on with caution****



A fun and fresh summer read for sure. Perfect for fans of Sarah Desssen and Morgan Matson

I adored Griff and wish we had even more page time with him. Even though he was the "outcast" he was still so sweet and understanding and patient with Gemma. I liked watching their relationship grow.

I wasn't the Beau's biggest fan. Yeah I realize that the amount of time that he was actually ON PAGE was very small, but I was pretty annoyed with him. I don't remember--and correct me if I'm wrong--him ever apologizing to Gemma. I mean, yeah it was partly her fault for not owning up to the fact that she wasn't actually dating him, but he played it off as a joke instead of explaining oh yeah she was just doing what I asked her to.

I don't know how accurate the social anxiety representation is, but I will say there were a few times that I was like, yes I can relate to how you're feeling. Maybe not quite as intensely, but it was there. There was also a point where Gemma and her dad are talking and her dad says this:

“The first time you ever squeaked ‘no worries,’ you were three years old. You sounded so precocious, and your mom and I laughed and laughed. But now I worry about how much you say it because something tells me you have a lot of worries bottled up in there.” He reaches over and taps my forehead with his finger."

And I felt that. I say no worries SO MUCH. and I really do actually have a lot of worries bottled up in my head but will never say them for a variety of reasons.

 

Did It Make Me Cry? No

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home