Thursday, March 10, 2022

Review: This Woven Kingdom ~ Tahereh Mafi

 
Click on the picture to read more about this book on Goodreads
 

 

Format I Used: E-book
Pages: 512
Running Time: 13h:21m
My Rating: 4 stars
Publication Date: February 1, 2022

 

Okay okay okay.

I literally read this book in three hours. I was dead asleep, woke up at 1 am to go to the bathroom and my brain thought it would be a good idea to start this book. No, not only start it, READ IT FROM COVER TO COVER.

This one felt like a big slow burn to me. Maybe a little TOO slow burn (Gasp, I know. I love slow burn) and just when things were starting to heat up IT ENDED. Although I can't say it surprises me, because Tahereh Mafi LOVES TO TORMENT PEOPLE WITH CLIFFHANGER ENDINGS.

This was like a Cinderella retelling with way more magic and Jinn, and secret identities and lots and lots of twists, and a demon king?. some of them had me a little confused, and I am thinking I need to do a re-read to make things make more sense.

I was trying to figure out what could possibly change to keep the king from going after Alizeh, because it seemed like he was dead set on having her killed and, well, that ended up working out.

I'm not sure when book two is coming out, but I am very excited for it. I am hoping that it will be a little faster paced since everything has been set up nicely. 

 

Did It Make Me Cry? Yes. At one point, Alizeh has been booted from her position as a servant in the house that she has been living at. She's in her room packing up what little belongings she has, and suddenly the prince appears! They're having a conversation, and someone shows up outside the door (a guard to make sure Alizeh is gone) and Alizeh and The Prince end up literally backed into a corner, and she uses her powers to make sure they stay out of sight, and the Guard blows out the candle, and it's pitch black, and Alizeh has a bit of a panic attack, and then he's comforting her and making her feel better, and they have another conversation, and I JUST GOT SO EMOTIONAL.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home