Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Review: Nina The Starry Bride Vol. 6 ~ Rikachi



  Image from Goodreads. Click on the image to learn more about this book.
 
Format I Used: E-book
Pages: 176
My Rating: 5 stars
Publication Date: February 22, 2022
 

There is literally so much of me just rambling on and spoiling random plot points, so PLEASE don't read this unless you want to be spoiled on things that happen in this volume of Nina The Starry Bride.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I have been ANXIOUSLY awaiting this book since book 5 came out. When I say that I was literally stalking Kodansha's website every single day until the publication date was updated, I am not joking. Then I stalked Amazon until I could place my preorder for the volume.

This volume was good, but also WHAT. the darn cliffhanger ending has me all sorts of upset especially since I have no clue when book 7 is releasing in English. (Back to my fangirl stalking...)

As much as I adored this book, I would be lying if I didn't say that I was hoping for more Nina/Set page time, but that didn't really happen. I wanted them to have more conversations, and I wanted Sett to ask Nina about the fact that there are no childhood names from where she's from. (but maybe he's already figured it out, and just isn't saying anything, because he actually cares for her.)

And then the whole plot twist of someone trying to poison Sett (I say someone, but I know exactly who it was) and now Nina and her people are in trouble, and Hikami is not actually a girl, and is he going to be another love interest? And She's being sent to a scary cold prison place (because bad people are in charge while Sett is down for the count.) But there are still people who believe she's innocent and good for Set.

And then Az decides he's going to go back to help/save Nina...

AND THEN THE LAST PAGE IS LITERALLY A SEQUENCE OF SETT OPENING HIS EYES. Like damn boy, you couldn't have done that a few scenes earlier?

So now  how are things going to play out? Are Sett and Az going to work together to find Nina? Will one go Bidoh's detention facility and the other one go to the scary Griffigeld? Will something happen in transit and Nina will be someplace different still? I'm

I am literally shaking with anticipation again. Is that just me being extra? Yeah, probably. But I haven't been this invested in a series in a while, so I'm gonna go with it.

 

 



Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home