Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Review: A Magic Steeped In Poison ~ Judy I. Lin

 

Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads
 
 
Format I Used: Combination Audiobook/Ebook/Physical Book
Pages: 384
Running Time: 11h:11m
My Rating: 3 stars
Publication Date: March 29, 2022

 

So this felt like a very molasses kind of read for me. I never quite felt the urgency of the situation, no matter what was going on. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's the same way I describe The Raven Boys series.

I was oh so very intrigued with the whole concept of this book, because it revolves around tea! and magic! Love that!

This story was, to me at least, reminiscent of Spin The Dawn meets Daughter of the Moon Goddess. (And I loved BOTH of those books)

This wasn't a romance story and while usually I would be crying on the floor (because I love a good romance) I understand that not EVERYTHING has to be romance... And you know what? I was okay with it. There was a very very slight hint of romance, and maybe there will be more in the next book.

I enjoyed that family and friendship was such a strong theme in this story and how the main character was able to stay true to herself throughout.

The book ended on kind of an abrupt cliffhanger so I'm curious to see what's going to happen next!

 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home