Friday, June 17, 2022

Review: Twin Crowns ~ Catherine Doyle & Katherine Webber

Click on this image to learn more about this book on Goodreads
 
 
Format I Used: Audiobook
Pages: 480
Running Time: 14h:517m
My Rating: 5 stars
Publication Date: May 17, 2022

 

Brooooo. First of all, I just want to take a moment to appreciate how gorgeous this book cover is. I am literally in love with it.

I am so glad that I ended up enjoying this book, because I had a lot of expectations going into it, and it made me nervous that I was going to be let down. But I was pleasantly surprised by just how much I actually loved it.

I liked Wren a whole lot more than I liked Rose, which didn't surprise me. Although I felt like Rose got a lot more character development, because of the way she was. I wanted to smack her upside the head a few times because she was so annoying. But also, her scenes were mostly where the Rom Com portion of the RomCom fantasy came from.

Rose's BFF was the real MVP, and I hope she gets even more page time in book 2, because she was just all around amazing.

I loved both Shen and Tor, although I think Tor is probably my favorite. I cackled so much when Shen and Rose were together, because it was almost always something funny or outrageous happening... Or something bad was happening to Rose and Shen was FURIOUS.

Tor is my favorite smol bean. I don't know why, but he's giving me serious Shin Ah vibes (you know, from Akatsuki No Yona? No, you don't know what I'm talking about? Okay... it's fine) I don't really have a reason for him giving me those vibes, he just DOES.

There was a lot of stuff that happened in the last few chapters of the book, and it left me a little dizzy. And, I don't understand why poor Ansel (Ancil? I listened to it, so I'm not sure of the spelling.) had to die. He was so sweet and harmless. And no, he would not have made a good love match for either of the girls, but I don't think he would have bared any ill will, because that's just not how he is. (I do understand. The death is to urge forward the warring peoples, but still, I didn't like it. There could have been many other ways for this to be done)

But you want to know what really tore me up? Like, I bawled my eyes out, and was distraught. When Tor sent Elska (again not sure of the spelling here) to protect Wren, and then left her there to keep Wren safe. Because literally all I could think about was their conversation about how Elska would never leave Tor's side, unless he told her to do so. I don't know why that hit me so hard. I hope they're able to find a HEA in book two or I will literally riot.

Did It Make Me Cry? Yes. See above paragraph.

 


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home