Saturday, May 21, 2022

ARC Review: The Twice-Scorned Lady Of Shadow ~ Annette Marie

Format I Used: Digital ARC
Pages: 272
My Rating: 5 Stars
Publication Date: May 6, 2022

Not so sure how much sense this review is going to make because my brain still feels like it exploded. There's so much I want to say, but I don't even know if I have the proper words to use to describe it all.

There was a lot that happened in this book. A LOT. And I'm super obsessed with literally everything about it. We got to learn even more about Zak and (I want to write Tori even though I KNOW that's not right lol) SABER'S history and what really happened. They finally got past all the senseless blaming for things that were out of their control and worked out the majority of the miscommunication issues that were causing them to hate each other.

This one was even grittier than the others (which were already pretty gritty) but it works, because it fits the characters SO well.

Saber finally got an official introduction to The Crow & Hammer, and I was wishing there was a bit more from that aspect, but I'm hoping that there will be more interaction in the next book.

The ending. THE ENDING!

While I'm not exactly surprised at what happened at the ending (because I've been very suspicious of Lallakai from the very beginning when TORI was expressing her concern about how sus Lallakai was... But I wasn't expecting that specific kind of betrayal. I think my brain exploded. 

I'm also real concerned that something bad is going to happen to Rikr... and if that does happen I will cry oceans and oceans of tears, because I've grown rather fond of The Winter King. I'm just... so worried right now, especially with the way things have been going. Although Annette Marie hasn't hurt me too terribly in any of her previous books, so maybe that's a good sign? 

I guess I'll have to wait until September to see...

Yikes.

Thank you so much to Annette Marie and Dark Owl Fantasy for allowing me to read an ARC

Did It Make Me Cry? No, but I came reeeeally close a time or two.








Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home