Sunday, June 5, 2022

Meteor Garden vs F4: Thailand

Hi, hi, hello!

I've not actually read Boys Over Flower. Nor have I watched the K-Drama. I HAVE, however:

1. Watched Meteor Garden (2018) in its entirety

2. Watched F4: Thailand

3. Read Boys Over Flowers Season 2


But anyways... Imma go through and compare the two shows that I HAVE watched and talk about which take I liked better... probably. I might forget and this will be the only time you get to hear me talking about it.

And, like, obviously that means there's going to be spoilers (for the BOF s2 Manga as well) so please stop reading if you haven't finished watching these shows and are planning to do so. Also, I'm paraphrasing and might possibly getting the little details wrong, but I've slept a lot since finishing watching them, so...

Episode 6 of Meteor Garden (2018)

Episode 4 of F4: Thailand

OKAY, so there's a part where our main boy Si/Thyme try and convince our main girl Shancai/Gorya to go on an outing, and at first they're both like nah bro, no thanks... and then they end up going shopping and lots of time passes and it starts raining and the girls are like, surely he isn't waiting for me?

And then all of a sudden they decide to go check, just in case. And lo and behold HE'S THERE! Here's a short youtube/TikTok clip that I found that shows the two scenes side by side. Hopefully it actually plays:


But this clip cuts off before you see his reaction to seeing her after waiting and waiting and waiting in the rain and not being able to get in touch with her on the phone.

So in F4: Thailand (which is the people in the top half of the clip, in case you're wondering) Thyme turns around and sees Gorya and the look he gives her comes off as being relieved (which I think he might be, just a little at least?) and she starts walking towards him and holds the umbrella out so it's covering both of them, and then what does Thyme do? He goes *WHAP*, and knocks the umbrella out of her hand and they start arguing/yelling at each other and playfully? knocking each other around... which is actually kind of funny and admittedly endearing.

Now we're going to jump to Meteor Garden. Shancai walks up behind him and when he notices her, he turns around... and throws his arms around her. *SWOON* and then Si talks about how long he'd been waiting there and Shancai's like "I never said I would come" and Si is like "you lost you don't have a choice lol" and then he notices that the jacket she's wearing has a tag on it still and is like "aww you bought new clothes for our date. What? It only cost 799 Yuan? That's so cheap!" (sidebar: 799 Yuan is approximately 119.50 US dollars, which is EXPENSIVE in my book, but he's a gazillionaire so I guess that would be cheap)

So then they start squabbling and Shancai asks him why he stayed and didn't go home, and Si tells her it was because he couldn't get ahold of her and was worried that she did come and couldn't find him or that she had an accident, so he HAD to wait to make sure.

The winner for this one, in my mind at least, Is 100%, without a doubt, Meteor Garden's Shancai and Si. When I watched it I gave a little squeal of delight plus a happy dance, because I thought it was so cute!

Here's another sidebar for you: In the Boys Over Flowers Season Two MANGA, there's also a scene where she's supposed to meet him somewhere and it starts raining, BUT! And big, major spoilers here, she NEVER SHOWS UP. AT ALL. Yikes.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home